I can honestly say that journaling can and will change your life.
I have been writing in a journal consistently for the past 10 years. Before that, I journaled but it was hit and miss. Since I started writing in a journal on a regular basis, I know without a doubt that it has benefited me in countless ways and the cool thing is that since it is all documented, I have the proof!
It is amazing to go back and see that I have manifested all the goals I wrote down from last year. It proves to me the power of journaling, and what can happen in a short period of time.
I am always encouraging others to journal, and I usually hear the same thing, "I don't know what to write." My answer to that is, "WRITE anything." You can write about your life, things that are bothering you, and your goals and intentions for the future. If you really can't think of anything to write, one of the most powerful things that you can do is write about what you are grateful for.
Here are my 7 reasons to pick up a pen (or keyboard) and start journaling:
1. Personal and spiritual growth - writing will help you grow in all areas of your life. Don't we all want to grow and evolve? That is after all, why we are here in a body on planet Earth.
2. Healing the past - writing can be better than therapy. If you are angry or sad, you can get out all your feelings. Yell or cry it out if you need to, just get it out. Once you have expressed something, it has the ability to transform.
3. Set goals and affirmations - It is a not a secret that writing down a goal greatly increases the chance of it occurring. The incredible thing about keeping your goals in a journal is going back and reading them after they have manifested. Always write your goals down in the present tense: "I am in the best shape of my life," rather than, "I will be in the best shape of my life." See the difference? With the latter you will be waiting to get into your best shape for the rest of your life. A simple distinction that makes a huge difference.
4. Gratitude - being in gratitude can completely shift your vibration. Sometimes if I am feeling uninspired, I will write down all the things I am grateful for, this shifts my entire mood and vibe from negative to positive.
5. Being present - writing allows you to get fully into the present moment. No cell phones, no distractions. This is the state of Being where the Magic happens - open your Heart and your Self up to this moment and see what comes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - You can't reach this place sitting in front of the TV or computer. It's not going to happen.
6. Inner guidance & connection to spirit - writing can open you up to your Higher Self and connection to spirit. This is where creativity, inspiration, and ideas flow. Information can flow through you straight from the boss upstairs (your Higher Self) through automatic writing, giving you real guidance about your path and higher purpose.
7. Dream recall - many people don't remember their dreams. Start writing your dreams down first thing when you wake up and this will start to build your dream recall. Here's a tip; if you lie in bed for a few minutes before getting up, with the intention to remember your dream, it will usually come back to you. Dreams contain messages, signs and synchronicities and recording them is a powerful practice.
Gemstones and crystals are a powerful tool you can use to keep you grounded and enhance your creativity while journaling. I always wear a gemstone bracelet while journaling. Check out our one-of-a-kind, genuine gemstone jewelry designs (HERE).
In 2017 I challenge you to start writing in a journal!
I am not saying you have to journal every day, but journal when you can. If you find your life too busy, make time to journal at least once a week. You will be amazed at how it can change your life for the better.
If you keep a journal? I'd love to hear about it.